Thursday, April 30, 2009

Eat My Shorts: This Way Up (2008)

Well what do you know....I remembered my feature! So here we are, week 2 and I have decided to review one of this years Academy Award nominated animated short films.... it didn't win and I haven't seen the short that did, but I quite enjoyed this one.

This Way Up (2008)
Directed by Adam Foulkes and Alan Smith
Running Time: 9 Minutes
Country: UK

We follow the exploits of a father and son operating a funeral parlor and their attempts to get the recently deceased body of an elderly lady to her final resting place.

I must admit I found the short to be quite amusing and it is certainly visually arresting. It is 3-D animated, but certain shots could be mistaken for stop motion or clay animation. I like that there is very little "dialog" and I am being generous in even hinting that there is any....but overall a well rounded, funny and imaginative piece.

You can find a trailer, gallery and talent information on the official site here

No comments: