Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Box Office Bonanza

Why can I not get excited about any of this years "Blockbuster" movies?

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Terminator: Salvation
Star Trek
Angels & Demons
Transformers 2

None of them have me chomping at the bit waiting in line for tickets or even downloading every new trailer or snippet! What's wrong with me....I used to love these no-brain action fluff pieces, what has changed? Sad thing is, I haven't been to the cinema at all in April!!! NOT ONCE! Even sadder is the fact that I could see anything for free if I wanted to and I still didn't go!!
I am getting a bit sick of the Hollywood rehash I must admit, especially when they start screwing with Universes that I was quite content to leave untainted.....I hear Predator might be getting a "reboot".... why can't we have something original for a change?

Well it doesn't stop with cinema outings though; the DVD shelves are also piled with "to watch" titles of varying interest and no end in sight.

It would seem that I am going through a TV watching phase at present. Movies are currently going through a "serial" phase, where nothing is sacred and they just "revise" the same stories over and over, but TV, well that is where the real story telling is...

What will it take to get me back to the movies? I wish I knew, but certainly nothing in the "coming soon" poster section at my local cinema....which is such a shame.

No comments: