Sunday, March 21, 2010

Eat My Shorts: I Love Sarah Jane (2008)

I Love Sarah Jane (2008)
Directed By: Spencer Susser
Starring: Mia Wasikowska and Brad Ashby
Running Time: 14 Minutes
Country: Australia

I Love Sarah Jane is a hugely impressive Australia genre short. I love most zombie movies, there can't really be a bad one, but there can be overly long ones. What Spencer Susser has created is 14 minutes of absolute zombie joy. You are thrust straight into a world where zombies are reality. In fact; most adults are infected and all that is left are the youth trying to cope with the aftermath and simply survive.

We follow Jimbo, a young boy (Jimbo) who seems hopelessly in love with one of his friends sisters, so much so, that he is oblivious or unaffected by what goes on around him. Unlike his friends who are intent on living dangerously, torturing zombies and recklessly risking their lives.

The film perfectly creates and sustains its own world, fully immersing us and leading us to believe in its reality, the special effects are excellent (no doubt due to the fact that most of them are in camera) as is the acting and direction.

This film is a must see for any zombie fans and to say that I am looking forward to Susser's upcoming film Hesher would be an understatement!

You can watch I Love Sarah Jane in full below; Enjoy:

No comments: