Saturday, July 4, 2009

Eat My Shorts: Kids + Money (2008)

Kids + Money (2008)
Directed by Lauren Greenfield
Running Time: 32 minutes
Country: USA

This was a really scary documentary. When I see stuff like this I know that there are so many things wrong with the world and that people will never change. The documentary is basically a series of interviews of kids ranging from 11-17 years of age. It is focused on the L.A area and mostly concerns money & general living conditions as well as what it takes to be accepted and part of the in crowd and how the kids go about becoming so.

As much as I enjoyed watching it, some of the kids interviewed could certainly do with a reality check and I was seriously shouting at my screen for them to shut up and "get real". It also left me questioning how any decent parent could allow their child to be and act the way some of them do. In short it is very scary. Kids + Money is not exactly bias, in fact it is quite objective and simply presents the Kids as they are with occasional input from a parent, however it does not make any judgement or ask anything too probative.

You can find more information on the director's website here, as well as a clip of the intro.

No comments: