Saturday, June 27, 2009

Weekly TV Round-up

Well, with being sick and very little else to do, I watched quite a bit of TV, or I should say, I watched quite a number of TV shows on DVD.

I do enjoy Eureka, but I must say that the whole imminent destruction of town/main character etc is starting to wear me down. If you can't come up with story ideas that don't rely on last second bouts of genius then what is the point...every episode a main character is going to die from the latest whatever, or the whole town is going to explode because of that underground thing that nobody knew about in a town that supposedly has the smartest minds??? I mean honestly. Anyways, I have finished Season 3 and I am still looking forward to the new episodes next month so....what can you do...

Okay, honestly. I didn't really know where this was going and now I sure as hell can't figure it out and it only has 2 episodes left to explain it all...I'm holding my breath, but something tells me it probably won't be worth it....

This was a rather interesting Canadian series. I note that it has a 2nd season listed, but I am not sure if I liked it enough to seek it out. The pacing was really odd, slow and melodic, but not boring. I couldn't relate to any of the characters so maybe that distanced me. The idea is certainly interesting, but I don't think it pulls off what it is attempting to do as well as it could have. We basically follow a homicide detective with a colourful past that he has kept hidden from his wife and family. They move to a new house that sees the past stirred up, throw into the mix that his neighbor; an old school friend, is a serial killer and as I said, it makes for an interesting idea.


Finally....after a 6 month wait! Top Gear is back and in good form too. Loved the race from London to Scotland, Michael Schumacher is The Stig (or is he) and we still get the same camaraderie from the boys! Great fun all round. Can't wait till tonights episode!

I also finally managed to finish The Adventures of Brisco County Jnr. I never really knew what to make of this show. It is obviously camp and a tad corny, but I must admit I found it addictively entertaining, despite many cringing moments. Bruce Campbell was awesome as always and the rest of the cast suited their roles well. Some of the plots left a little to be desired, but this show is a great example of how the TV scene has changed....this first season has 26 episodes!!!! Nowadays shows are lucky to even get 12 for their first season....sad really.

well, as you can tell I am back writing again. I did watch quite a lot of movies during my week long illness and I will be reviewing some of them in the next few days. I hope you will bear with me as I am still not 100%, but I am doing my best to get back on the band wagon!

No comments: