Sunday, May 24, 2009

Fanboys (2008)

To be honest I am not even sure why I watched this.... I am not a Star Wars of Star Trek fan. The premise didn't really appeal to me either and really, I would just like my 90 minutes back.

The story follows 4 friends who decide to break into Sky Walker ranch to steal a print of Episode 1 so that their terminally ill friend can watch it before he goes the way of Yoda and Obi-wan.

Can anyone spot the stupid thing about this?? George Lucas is not that big a bastard. In fact the film even proves this despite no actual appearance by the man.
If they had just phoned up and explained the situation, I am sure Mr. Lucas would have just invited the morons over....but then of course we would not have a lame ass road trip movie with cameos so pointless you have to wonder how much they got paid.

Anyhow, that is about as much time I want to waste talking about this....oh except to say....Kristen Bell, WTF?!!!

(also, I decided not to include a trailer as I didn't want to inflict that upon my readers.)

1 comment:

Matt said...

Haha! I have to check this one out, as both a Star Wars and Star Trek fan (though more for Wars). Your review doesn't surprise me, but does make me wonder if a movie called Fanboys can appeal to the my own inner devotee.