Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Additions

Here we are with the latest additions to the old collection... 2 replacements for DVD copies, a new title and a game!

First up we have the continuing growth of my Criterion Collection with the addition of the excellent Three Colors Trilogy. I am a big fan of Kieslowski's work and this was (and is) some of his finest.  It didn't have quite the same impact on me as The Decalouge, but it certainly heralded a new era for art house flicks in the mid to late 90's!



 Still with the Criterion Collection. The Japanese are a race that very few people seem to understand and Nobuhiko Obayashi's House certainly won't help matters much.  To say this film is a little off the show would be an understatement, but despite its many WTF moments, it is certainly very entertaining!



Next up we have Lost In Translation which replaces my old U.S Import from Focus Features, picked this up for around $15 so not too bad for a back catalog title.



And last, but by no means least, we are back to those oddballs from Japan with a computer game that is off the show crazy. Playing this game for me consists solely of 10 minutes game play (9 of which involve quite a lot of swearing) and around 1/2 an hour of simply watching cut scenes... it is interesting, but I am not sure how long I can keep it up for (pun kind of intended?)

No comments: