Monday, November 29, 2010

Episode 60 - True Blue Aussie Films


Another week means another B movie challenge! This week's show is all about Ozploitation films! Some of Australia's great genre films from the early 70's through to present day! My challenge was Turkey Shoot from 1982. I gave Matthew Richard Franklin's final feature; Visitors. We also discuss recent theatrical release of The Loved Ones and the current trend of genre films from Oz. You can hear this and our reviews below:



As usual you can find us on Facebook, listen to us live at Edge Radio on Sundays at 6pm (AEST) or listen to all past episodes at B Grade Online.

2 comments:

Thirty-Five said...

I'm dying to see The Loved Ones. Wasn't showing anywhere near me so I'll have to wait for the DVD :( If it's Ozploitation you want, have either of you guys checked out Roadgames with Jamie Lee Curtis?

Matt said...

Roadgames is a great movie but you would be lost to think it was an Aussie film because Stacy Ketch and Jamie Lee are the driving forces in front of the camera. I quickly mentioned the movie during my review for Visitors as it was also directed by Richard Franklin.